AAOC to Present Member Briefing on Statewide COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium Extension
The Apartment Association of Orange County (AAOC) will present an online member briefing on California's COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium Extension law (AB 832) on Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
The moratorium, which has been extended through September 30, 2021, as a result of Assembly Bill 832 (Chiu), significantly impacts matters of possession, payments, evictions, collections, attorney fees, court access, credit reporting, and other landlord-tenant issues.
The member briefing will explain the details of the law, walk you through the steps rental-housing providers must take to comply with AB 832, and answer your questions.
Discussion Topics will include:
- Rental-housing providers' rights & responsibilities
- Evictions: How, when & under what circumstance you can proceed
- Rent collection, tenant debt & credit reporting
- Current status of rental assistance programs & payments
- How to handle difficult, non-responsive & dishonest tenants
- Long-term impact on the rental-housing industry & your investment
- Member Q&A
AAOC members may register for the briefing by clicking here.
For more information, contact AAOC Vice President of Government Affairs Bill Christiansen at BillC@aaoc.com or (714) 245-9500.